Heavy equipment is essential to get the job done around the work site, but not just any heavy equipment. You need the right tool for the job, whether it’s excavating for a new septic system or digging to install some underground utility lines. The tool, in that instance, of course, should be a truck-mounted backhoe. Master Craft Industrial Equipment Corp. offers that equipment.
As a backhoe manufacturer who sells machinery around Georgia, our products are easy to use, powerful, and dependable. Our truck-mounted machines are constructed to the highest specifications to ensure robust dependability that you can only find in products of outstanding quality.
We are proud to stand behind our products and offer a 12-month or 2,000-hour (whichever comes first) warranty for material or labor defects. This shows that we believe our equipment is up to the task at hand, whatever that may be.
We have been a backhoe manufacturer for nearly 70 years, and that means we are well-versed in creating machines that allow you to get the job done. You can call on our team today to get the exact piece of machinery that you require, such as a rough terrain forklift. We know our machines inside and out and can answer all of your questions.
Below are the minimum specifications of our truck-mounted backhoe:
- Model: Any basic 2.5-ton cab chassis.
- Frame: 8.28" x 2.75" x 0.25" 18.0 section modules (SM) with inverted L; 50,000 PSI (equivalent or better). The rear of the truck frame from the rear axle back must be completely empty to allow for the backhoe to go into an operating position.
- Wheelbase: Minimum 129" to Maximum 141"
- Cab-to-Axle Distance: Minimum 60" to Maximum 72"
- Front - Spicer Model I-80 or equivalent with a weight rating of 8,000 lbs.
- Rear - Spicer Model N-175 or equivalent with a weight rating of 17,500 lbs.
- Front - 9,000 lb. capacity leaf springs with telescoping shock absorbers or equivalent.
- Rear - 23,000 lb. capacity leaf springs with 4,500 lb. capacity auxiliary springs or equivalent.
- Tires: 11R-22.5 load range G steel belted radials on painted steel disc wheels.
- Brakes: Hydro-Max II hydraulic system or equivalent. (Contact Master Craft Industrial Equipment Corp. for required specs of air brakes.) Brake chambers must be forward of the rear axle.
- Steering: Power steering preferred.
- Exhaust System: Single vertical exhaust at the right rear corner of the cab.
- Engine Power: Must match or exceed required specs of the transmission used - engine hour meter, QB-3 shutdown system or equivalent, largest radiator available from manufacturer.
- Transmission: Eaton Fuller FS-6406A manual transmission or equivalent with PTO capabilities. Allison MD 3560 automatic transmission or equivalent with PTO capabilities.
- PTO installed wiring harness to the rear of the truck with shutdown and RPM control.
- Electric switch shutoff for PTO.
- PTO will only work in park or neutral.
- Cruise control with RPM increase/decrease switch interface with wires to the end of the frame.
- Park brake and neutral interlock.
- Electronic tachometer to 3000 RPM.
- Fuel Tanks: Must not extend past the back of the cab.
All Master Craft products have a 12-month or 2,000-hour (whichever comes first) warranty from defects in material and workmanship.
Note: Master Craft Industrial Equipment Corp.'s policy of continual engineering research and improvement makes it necessary that we reserve the right to make changes in design, specifications, and components without notification.