Below are the minimum specifications of our truck-mounted backhoe:
- Model: Any basic 2.5-ton cab chassis.
- Frame: 8.28" x 2.75" x 0.25" 18.0 section modules (SM) with inverted L; 50,000 PSI (equivalent or better). The rear of the truck frame from the rear axle back must be completely empty to allow for the backhoe to go into an operating position.
- Wheelbase: Minimum 129" to Maximum 141"
- Cab-to-Axle Distance: Minimum 60" to Maximum 72"
- Front - Spicer Model I-80 or equivalent with a weight rating of 8,000 lbs.
- Rear - Spicer Model N-175 or equivalent with a weight rating of 17,500 lbs.
- Front - 9,000 lb. capacity leaf springs with telescoping shock absorbers or equivalent.
- Rear - 23,000 lb. capacity leaf springs with 4,500 lb. capacity auxiliary springs or equivalent.
- Tires: 11R-22.5 load range G steel belted radials on painted steel disc wheels.
- Brakes: Hydro-Max II hydraulic system or equivalent. (Contact Master Craft Industrial Equipment Corp. for required specs of air brakes.) Brake chambers must be forward of the rear axle.
- Steering: Power steering preferred.
- Exhaust System: Single vertical exhaust at the right rear corner of the cab.
- Engine Power: Must match or exceed required specs of the transmission used - engine hour meter, QB-3 shutdown system or equivalent, largest radiator available from manufacturer.
- Transmission: Eaton Fuller FS-6406A manual transmission or equivalent with PTO capabilities. Allison MD 3560 automatic transmission or equivalent with PTO capabilities.
- PTO installed wiring harness to the rear of the truck with shutdown and RPM control.
- Electric switch shutoff for PTO.
- PTO will only work in park or neutral.
- Cruise control with RPM increase/decrease switch interface with wires to the end of the frame.
- Park brake and neutral interlock.
- Electronic tachometer to 3000 RPM.
- Fuel Tanks: Must not extend past the back of the cab.
All Master Craft products have a 12-month or 2,000-hour (whichever comes first) warranty from defects in material and workmanship.
Note: Master Craft Industrial Equipment Corp.'s policy of continual engineering research and improvement makes it necessary that we reserve the right to make changes in design, specifications, and components without notification.